Thanks to em3 for giving me permission to finish and release this skin.
And thanks for the help while I was working on the skin.
As a long time LE fan, it's very cool to release my own version and share it with the rest. Some parts are made by em3 though so I cant take credit for those parts.
Anyways thanks em3 for letting me do this!
Go to "C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes" and create a new folder called "LE Black".
Put the *.msstyle into that folder.
To use this theme you need to patch the Windows system file uxtheme.dll. You can read about how to do that here: [link]
If you want to use the included Logon place 'logonui_black.exe' in C:\ and run the included logonui_install.reg.
Before reporting any bugs try and think of and explaination why the bug occurs and don't assume immediately it's a VS problem. Here are 2
"bugs" I know of:
* Black text background for checkboxes in some applications. (Application bug)
* In Firefox the scrollbar glyph doesn't change color on hover. (Firefox bug)
* Multi row taskbar does not look good. (Theme)
For personal use only.
Don't forget to let me know what you think This theme is concidered finished, so if you don't like it, don't use it.
- Fixed classic color scheme.
- Fixed password box in the logon screen. It still had blue corners.
- Added the new blue active-button. Active-buttons now looks different then hovered-buttons.
- Changed the HotTracking color to the correct shade of orange.
- Fixed the blue shadow that was behind the "Welcome" text in the logon.
- Fixed other minor color "bugs"
- Added a shellstyle cause the demand was high.
- Made the hover in the columns in detail views more noticable.
- Some minnor unnoticable color changes.
- Updated the shellstyle text and arrow colors
- Fixed the useraccount dialog colors in the shellstyle
- Fixed the blue searchpane to black
- Changed the brightness from "pressed button". It fits more with the theme now.
The theme files isn't included because this actually isn't a theme but a visual style. Visual styles don't theme files. As you can see, you've added your own wallpaper and screensaver into the theme file which other people don't have. The visual style only comes with a login screen and not with a screensaver, wallpaper, custom sounds and whatnot. So that's the reason why there's no theme file, and why no one has requested one yet.
By giving others your own code for the theme file you are actually making a problem that I wanted to prevent from happening. You're giving them code with a wallpaper they don't have, a screensaver they don't have, some weird code for "MasterThemeSelector" and links to icons that they might not want to use as they might have replaced those icons themselves. Therefor I'll be flagging your post as spam to prevent any problems.
You may want to check out this if you want this theme for Windows 7. I know it says Vista port but it is still compatible since they use the same resources. The person who made the theme even confirmed it wasn't an issue with having Windows 7 as opposed to Vista.
I reached the target
I'd been waiting for
for some time now:
!!! :headbang: I'm
guys are always so
awesome and give me
so much support!To
thank you, old
watchers and new
ones, I decided to
open a GIVEAWAY here
on my page!As you
In our continuous
effort to improve
Site Updates to keep
members informed and
to gather feedback.
Below is a list of
recent changes to
the site, bug fixes,
and feedback that
was brought up by
members in the last
NewUpdate to th...
Year II - Issue
Features is a weekly
feature designed to
section of the most
support by faving
this article and
So I decided to open
a new contest, and
it's with Izka again
^^; what can I do, I
love her so so
much!!But this time
a quite short and
easy one: Draw Izka
as Chibi!!I really
hope you will be
wanted to put a cute
Izka on my page to
welcome all visitors
but I couldn't c...
`anmari has been spreading her infectious positivity throughout our community for over 6 years. Throughout this time Ana has been at the core of all things devious, passionately developing an eclectic gallery, helping organise devmeets, participating in chat events and also recently completed dedicating her time as a Community Volunteer. We are absolutely delighted to bestow the Deviousness Award for May 2013 to `anmari, congratulations! Read More